Could your Health and Fitness use a boost?
It’s now March, and we wonder how you and your family are doing, on your health and fitness journey. Could you use a little encouragement? Although a lot has been said, and could be said to help people stay true to their fitness and health goals, we thought we’d share our top tips.
1) Make a New Day Resolution. Instead of going long-term, what about short-term, achievable goals? Make a resolution for the day, for the morning, for this hour. Choose to do something positive for your health, and your family’s well-being this moment.
2) Start gradually. Though everyone benefits from exercise, in their age and health-related comfort zone, we need to start gradually, be consistent and listen to your body’s response. Re-train your thinking to small, attainable and consistent goals. Depending on a person’s fitness level and health concerns, they might start with as little as a few minutes training, 3 times per week. Each week they should be able to increase their training session by a few minutes, but only if they are comfortable doing so. With a graduated program like this, after 6 to 8 weeks a person would be up to 20 to 30 minutes per session 3 times a week! Wow!
3) No excuses. Remember, a 30 minute workout is probably about 3% of your day, so there are no excuses. In fact, medical researchers have found that up to 75% of degenerate diseases can be prevented with lifestyle changes. Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and liver and kidney diseases are some examples of the most common degenerative diseases which have reached epidemic levels in modern societies. Lifestyle changes would include proper exercise, a healthy diet and stress management. So, that’s why there are no excuses nowadays. And the best time to start changing your life is ... today!
4) Switch it up! As the saying goes, variety is the spice of life. The same can be said about your exercise routine. Human nature tends to get bored and disinterested in doing the same thing over and over again. Owning multiple fitness products is ideal, so that you can engage different muscle groups. It is important to properly exercise your upper body, core or torso, and your lower body. All of the 400+ muscles and 200+ joints need regular and balanced exercise. Also, the variety of products keeps your workouts fun and exciting!
5) Workout together. We have worked out together as a family for years, and it has been so helpful. Instead of saying, “I’m going to workout,” switch it to, “Let’s go and workout together!” Conversation, some laughs and good company really make the minutes fly by.
Have questions? Please contact us for more info on how we can help you begin and maintain your fitness levels.
Post a Comment